- HOW TO SUBMIT A REQUEST FOR A SHOWCASE
- Romance / Historical Romance
- Chick-Lit / Contemporary Fiction/ Women's Fiction
- Mystery / Historical/ Adventures / (Romantic Mystery)
- Crime / Thrillers/ Adventures/ Horror
- Science Fiction/ Future World Fantasy/ Fantasy Adventure
- Fantasy / Faerie/Supernatural/ Vampire/ Paranormal (+Pn Romance)
- YA (YA Romance) and Children's Books
- Christian Reading: Romance/ YA/ Spiritual
- Memoir / Biography
- Non-Fiction and Animal Stories
- Collections/Short Stories/Anthologies/ Humour
- Spiritual Reading and Poetry
- Mixed Genre Collection (including NF/Christian)
- Health and Well-being (Adult and Children)
- Books By Louie Jerome/ Jan Harper
The Scent of Time by Alan T. McKean
The Scent of Time
What if history is not really what we think it is? Not what has been written in textbooks? That’s the question Alan T. McKean asks readers to ponder in his time travel adventure, The Scent of Time.
The Scent of Time pits Scot Drew Faulkner against American Nantucket sea captain Caleb Bryant, who makes a career out of plundering the wealth and happiness of others. To defeat his nemesis, Drew must win the 1867
Tea Clipper race and secure Bellefield, the ancestral home of the lovely Miss
Lucy Oxford. His first obstacle? He lives in modern times. The race takes place
in 1867! China
Drew desperately hopes to win not only the tea clipper race, but also Lucy’s heart. Bravely facing that challenge, Drew saves the life of British ambassador Sir Charles Gray; rescues a young Chinese girl, Mi-Ling, from a child brothel by cutting cards for her; fights pirates; goes swimming with a great white shark—and faces the greatest love decision in his life. While his graceful tea clipper, Night Arrow, wins first place in the tea race, has Drew won the most important challenge in his life? Will the lovely Lucy marry him?
Frighteningly, Caleb Bryant is both still very much alive—and intent on manufacturing evil. Bryant hates happy endings. He is determined that if he can’t marry Lucy—he will not allow anyone else to marry her.
Bio Alan T. McKean
Alan T. McKean was born and educated in
and worked in various mind-numbing occupations before the Lord called him into the ministry 30 years ago. He celebrates 30 years of serving God with the publication of his first novel, The Scent of Time, published by Black Rose Writing in Glasgow, Scotland . Texas
Alan is married to author Stephanie Parker McKean. The couple lives on the lovely Black Isle of Scotland. They enjoy taking their rough collie, Angel Joy, on walks along the beach.
During his free time, Alan enjoys art, music and photography.