- HOW TO SUBMIT A REQUEST FOR A SHOWCASE
- Romance / Historical Romance
- Chick-Lit / Contemporary Fiction/ Women's Fiction
- Mystery / Historical/ Adventures / (Romantic Mystery)
- Crime / Thrillers/ Adventures/ Horror
- Science Fiction/ Future World Fantasy/ Fantasy Adventure
- Fantasy / Faerie/Supernatural/ Vampire/ Paranormal (+Pn Romance)
- YA (YA Romance) and Children's Books
- Christian Reading: Romance/ YA/ Spiritual
- Memoir / Biography
- Non-Fiction and Animal Stories
- Collections/Short Stories/Anthologies/ Humour
- Spiritual Reading and Poetry
- Mixed Genre Collection (including NF/Christian)
- Health and Well-being (Adult and Children)
- Books By Louie Jerome/ Jan Harper
Big Backpack Little World by Donna Morang
In 2000 Donna Morang sold all her earthly possessions and left the United States to teach ESL (English as a second language). Join her as she travels to three continents, and twelve countries. Step into her classroom and teach English in Mexico, Nicaragua, Colombia, and Vietnam, or vacation with her in Spain, Thailand, and Cambodia. Fall in love with her students learning English, the special street kids, some crazy bartenders, and fellow backpackers. Meet new friends and hear their stories, or laugh with a romantic man or two from around the world. Venture into the countryside to dance with local people, drink moonshine, explore caves, fish for marlin, catch buckets of squid, or squirm as she eats strange bugs and worms. Hold her hand as she explores new city streets and countries-- often lost, once robbed, or tremble when guns are pointed at her, as she crosses one more border. Donna Morang, teacher and traveler has done this and more with a smile and
a gusto for life. She definitely knows how to experience life as a true adventurer. This book is NOT about a woman going in search of herself, or looking for a better life. She already knows that life is beautiful, and she lives it to the fullest
I'm a traveling ESL teacher, and author living wherever life takes me.
I was born in Montana, and lived eighteen years on a ranch outside Two Dot in Central Montana. Later we moved to Alaska where we mined gold, spending free time fishing or hunting. Looking for a warmer life we moved to Ellensburg, Washington where once again I was a rancher/farmer.
I became a potter and glass artist later in life, and owned a couple of art galleries. I still miss getting my hands in the mud, or cutting a piece of glass to see what the kiln will return.
In 2000 I made a decision to travel and teach English as a second language, and it was the best choice I've ever made. I have a love for foreign countries, and the people I've met have made my life beautiful.
Teaching and traveling for twelve years brought about a desire to share these experiences with friends and family. I became more interested in writing and Big Backpack--Little World was one of the outcomes.
Presently I am writing about my life in Alaska.