Glynis Smy was born in England, in the coastal town of Dovercourt, near Harwich. She left town to nurse in London, and lived there for the first few months of her marriage. Three children, two pharmacies, a nursing career later, she is now free to write. Emigrating to Cyprus with her husband in 2005, enabled her to concentrate upon writing poetry.
- HOW TO SUBMIT A REQUEST FOR A SHOWCASE
- Romance / Historical Romance
- Chick-Lit / Contemporary Fiction/ Women's Fiction
- Mystery / Historical/ Adventures / (Romantic Mystery)
- Crime / Thrillers/ Adventures/ Horror
- Science Fiction/ Future World Fantasy/ Fantasy Adventure
- Fantasy / Faerie/Supernatural/ Vampire/ Paranormal (+Pn Romance)
- YA (YA Romance) and Children's Books
- Christian Reading: Romance/ YA/ Spiritual
- Memoir / Biography
- Non-Fiction and Animal Stories
- Collections/Short Stories/Anthologies/ Humour
- Spiritual Reading and Poetry
- Mixed Genre Collection (including NF/Christian)
- Health and Well-being (Adult and Children)
- Books By Louie Jerome/ Jan Harper
Ripper, My Love by Glynis Smy
Growing up in late nineteenth century East London, Kitty Harper’s life is filled with danger and death – from her mother, her beloved neighbour and the working women of the streets.
With her ever-watchful father and living surrogate family though, Kitty feels protected from harm. In fact, she feels so safe that while Whitechapel cowers under the cloud of a fearsome murderer, she strikes out on her own, moving into new premises to accommodate her sewing business.
But danger is closer than she thinks. In truth, it has burrowed itself right into her heart in the form of a handsome yet troubled bachelor, threatening everything she holds dear. Will Kitty fall prey to lust – and death – herself, or can she find the strength inside to fight for her business, sanity and her future?
And who is the man terrifying the streets of East London?
Glynis Smy Historical Romance Author/Poet
Author of: Ripper, My Love
(Book Depository.com) Free delivery worldwide
(Book Depository.co.uk) Free delivery worldwide
About the author:
Having always kept her poems in a drawer, Glynis decided to celebrate her fiftieth birthday by publishing them in a book. This was followed by a second, and she was contacted by a writer who told her she enjoyed reading her work. An on-line friendship formed, and for three years they communicated every day.
Reading a short story written by Glynis, her friend commented it would be better as a novel, and encouraged her every step of the way. Sadly the family contacted Glynis and told her that her friend had passed away. This was the day Glynis wrote The End on the novel. Slowly the writing world rallied around and drew Glynis into the community. Courage to set up a blog and share her work paid off, and novel two was completed with the support of a new mentoring friend.
Glynis loves the Victorian era, and gets carried away with researching for her novels, often procrastinating for hours on an attractive website or two. The first novel is now making its debut appearance, and is called, Ripper, My Love. It is an historical romance suspense.